Sunday, April 25, 2010

Who needs a car?



This charming cyclist thought about taking her car to the hardware store for a quick errand, but decided that with a little preparation, the bike would do just fine.

Those are a pair of hedge clippers in her backpack.  here's a better shot.



Not everyone would feel comfortable transporting a pair of foot-long blades on her back, but this lady saw no problem once the clippers were firmly shut and carefully secured.  I think she was right, but I certainly couldn't fault anyone who decided big-knife-buying was a job for four-wheeled transport.

Hats off to Michael (which I think is an awesome name for either gender) for her brave cycling and for her instant, smiling agreement to pose for a photo!  I love people who are uninhibited and comfortable enough to answer "sure!" to the "May I take your photo?" question.

1 comment:

  1. I guess those hedge clippers could be handy to have along some of the seedier stretches of the bike trail!!! That is a riot!!!

    ReplyDelete